On the bright side, my aunt is in much better health and I have completed my degree. Finally I have some time to concentrate on my art. So here's my current situation:
- I am meeting several times a month with my doll making group and we have plans to have an exhibit next fall or spring.
- I have started a new series of dolls.
- I have become active with this blog.
- I've gotten involved with the Lillian St. studio project.
- I've begun doing a little woodworking.
In summary, 2010 was a challenging year, but it is over and I'm now happily engaged with my art. Here are my measurable goals for next year:
- Submit 4 pieces of work for publication in magazines
- Submit work to 2 Pittsburgh juried exhibits
- Have a gallery exhibit with Chris Fondi and Joyce Compton
- Attend at least 2 events of local arts organizations
- Update this blog at least three times a month
- Publish a simple free pattern online
- Take professional quality photographs of 8 pieces of work
- Attend Artistic Figures in Cloth conference
- Attend or host 10 doll club events