Thursday, February 7, 2008

Doll Making Goals 2008


2007 was a challenging year for me. My son was diagnosed and treated for cancer. My sister died. I separated from my husband. My father-in-law died. A lot of life happened this year. I'm glad 2007 is over. On the good side I got a new job with less stress and better pay in 2007.


2008 is still young but it is already a better year. My challenges are at the level of broken wheel bearings and leaky hot water heaters. The spring issue of Art Doll Quarterly has an article about my series of Pinsters. I have been on a creative doll making binge so it is time to write some doll making goals for 2008.



  • Create a body of work – the Stockinet series

  • Submit two projects to national magazines

  • Have a show at a local gallery

  • Develop this blog

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Em! You rock! You go, Girl!

Joyce

BumbleVee said...

wow Emily... good for you. I am too lazy to make any goals.... I will be rooting for you though.

Karen Mallory said...

Your pinsters are fabulous Emily!!! Congrats on the article. I think it is great to set goals.
I sure hope that 2008 will be a great year for you!
hugs Karen

Unknown said...

Emily,

Welcome to blogging! You are a survivor - art can heal us. Your creations and goals are great! Keep going! Hugs, Sue McFadden (in State College, PA)