Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lillian St Studio - Posts and Beam

Its been cold lately so progress on the interior renovation has slowed.  But Beth Rogers and I have been working on making brackets to provide triangulation and strength to the post and beam system that is replacing the interior walls.  We decided to each do our own thing and have fun making the brackets. 
Beth chose to make an Asian inspired bird.  It looks great and it provides stability in two planes.  A tail for the bird is in the works. 
For my bracket I played with the Victorian impulse but threw out the rules.  It will have cut out shapes added onto the left side and be painted in several bright colors. 
This is a photo of me working on my bracket.  It was a fun day despite the chilly weather.  Beth Rogers took all of these photos.

No comments: