Sunday, July 24, 2011

Building a Deck

Three good friends helped me build another section of the deck that is growing in my back yard.  Yesterday we got the lumber and hauled it into the yard.  This was the hardest part of the project.  Today was the fun part. 
The treated lumber for today's project.
The before photo.
Beth Rogers (57) planning the blocking between the beams.
Chris Fondi (58) & Elaine Fuller (69) stand up to rest their backs.
Me (61) cutting a fancy shape with my lovely saber saw.
Our progress by lunchtime.
Screwing down the decking.
 
Relaxing on our finished product.
We were so tired and sweaty that we poured glasses of ice water over our heads and spoke fondly about our bath tubs!  The next section of the deck will extend from the portion that we built today to the brick wall in the back.  I don't know if it will happen this year.  It depends on how my various other projects are progressing.  It was a fun day and we all got some exercise.  The deck is now large enough that I can host a dinner party on it.  That will happen soon.

1 comment:

Noomie Doodles Fashion said...

wow ur so good.. i cannot even set my hands on a saw.. looked like so much fun!