Sunday, September 18, 2011

Building a Craft Fair Display

Today was a day spent at the Lillian Street wood shop.  It was lots of fun as usual.  I used my time to build a table top craft fair display.  I'm honored to have been invited to participate in a well organized craft fair that is focused on providing supplies to indie fiber artists.  You will be hearing more about this fair as I prepare for it.  It will be held Saturday November 19th from 11:00 to 5:00 at the Wilkins School Community Center, 7604 Charleston Ave. in the Regent Square neighborhood of Pittsburgh.  Check it out!  

It will be my first craft fair and I want to have a terrific display for my button shop.  I built this display entirely from old stash and recycled materials.  It was fun to figure out how to make it without spending any money.  The exception is that I will purchase hooks to hang my button cards.
I started making some buttons from recycled hard wood moldings.  I'll drill the holes on the buttons next Sunday.
At the other end of the shop Beth Rogers is building a table top.  She is in the process of becoming reacquainted with fine woodworking techniques.  If you look carefully you can see that she is gluing up some bread board ends for the table top.
This is a photo of the renovated tool cabinet.  Can you see the influence of playing a lot of scrabble?

1 comment:

Sheryl Hastings said...

I love that renovated tool chest! That would be the best storage for craft supplies.

Loved taking the tour through the shop. I can almost smell the wood shavings!